The aim of bidt is to better understand developments and challenges of the digital transformation and to contribute to shaping the digital future in a responsible and public-spirited way.
In future, the work of bidt will be accompanied by two new committees.
The Advisory Board advises the Institute in particular on the technical and content-related orientation. International representatives from business and science are involved.
The members of the Advisory Board are
- Dr Yuichiro Anzai, The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), Senior Advisor
- Christoph Bornschein, TLGG, CEO and Founder
- Kai Fong Chng, Smart Nations Singapore, General Secretary
- Xiaoqun Clever, Member of the Board at Capgemini, Infineon, Amadeus, and BHP
- Prof. David J. Hess, Ph.D., Vanderbilt University, Department of Sociology (Science and Technology Studies)
- Dr. Wieland Holfelder, Google Munich, Vice President Engineering
- Andrea Martin, Leader IBM Watson Center Munich
- Christine Regitz, SAP, Vice President User Experience and Member of the Supervisory Board
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees in turn supports bidt’s networking with society. The members of the Board of Trustees include representatives from politics, university and business associations as well as the media and civil society.
The members of the Board of Trustees are:
- Robert Brannekämper, Member of the Bavarian Parliament, Chairman of the Committee on Science and the Arts
- Bertram Brossardt, vbw – Vereinigung der Bayerischen Wirtschaft e. V., Managing Director
- Dr. Verena di Pasquale, Deutscher Gewerkschaftsbund Bezirk Bayern, Deputy Chairperson
- Prof. Dr. Sabine Doering-Manteuffel, Universität Bayern e. V., Chairperson / President University of Augsburg
- Judith Wittwer Herter, Süddeutsche Zeitung GmbH, Editor-in-Chief
- Dr. Stefan Heumann, Stiftung Neue Verantwortung e. V., Board of Directors
- Dr. Sabine Jarothe, Bavarian State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy, Head of Office
- Dr. Rolf-Dieter Jungk, Bavarian State Ministry for Science and the Arts, Head of Office
- Carsten Knop, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung GmbH, Publisher
- Markus Lötzsch, Nuremberg Chamber of Industry and Commerce for Middle Franconia, Chief Executive Officer
- Kirsten Rulf, Federal Chancellery, Head of Department for Fundamental Issues of Digital Policy
- Prof. Dr. Walter Schober, Hochschule Bayern e. V., Chairman / President Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences
- Dr. Hans Michael Strepp, Bavarian State Ministry for Digital Affairs, Head of Office
“Research on digital transformation thrives on dialogue between the individual players from science, politics, business and society. With the high-calibre and international Advisory Board, we have strong sparring partners at our side who will accompany the bidt’s orientation with their expertise and drive the development of a far-reaching network. I am also looking forward to the content-related impulses, points of contact and activities that will develop from the outstanding Board of Trustees,” says Professor Alexander Pretschner, Chairman of the bidt Board of Directors.
Dr. Margret Hornsteiner
Head of Communications and Dialogue, bidt